Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Grand Teton National Park

Went to the Grand Teton National Park for a week, including two days visiting the Yellowstone National Park. Here is what I got back from the trip:


at dawn, oxbow bend


at dawn 2, oxbow bend


moulton barn, late afternoon


sunset at oxbow bend


sunset at oxbow bend 2


the Tetons, early morning


Mt. moran, early morning


string lake


the Tetons


firehole river, Yellowstone

All sketches are 9 x 12 inches.

Jackson Hole is a magical place! It's my first time to be there and the natural beauty of the landscape is a wonder to witness. For the first time in my life I saw moon so big and bright, orange in color, hanging low on the horizon--so eerie I could see the Indians riding horses down the hill slope and conducting their night worship rituals. And for the first time I saw stars so many and so clear, mesmerizing, awe-inspiring, and almost fear-inducing. The night sky was nothing like what we saw in the city, or even in the suburbs.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie,
    You did justice to the Tetons and Yellowstone! Wyoming is my home state. . .I don't live there now, but, I can certainly feel the space, air, and light in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete