Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Montmartre at sunset


Oil on canvas, 18x24

It's in front of the lovely "La Maison Rose". We had dinner there. Montmartre is overrun by tourists now of course, but turn away from the crowds, and walk downhill a couple blocks, you enter a relatively quiet neighborhood. Sitting on the corner is la Maison Rose, a pink house (restaurant) with outdoor seating. Parisians love to sit outside!

Snails, anyone?

I love snails. Ah, only remembered to snap a shot after they were gone...


Duck confit with pasta. Yummy!


Nice evening. The sun sets so late! Like 10:30 pm!

Everyone who has been to Paris has felt her magic. I cannot begin to describe her beauty. Just trying to capture something on canvas, one by one. I came back only a couple of days ago, and I want to go back there already.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you Maggie!! And I love love love the above painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you back, but it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I too love painting above!!! The color and the light seems to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice and Linda, thank you so much. You guys keep me going! Yes I had a great time in Paris. There is so much to see! I wish I knew more French though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a life changing experience for you! This painting is simply wonderful! The color choices make it sing. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete