Monday, March 22, 2010

Robert Liberace workshop

Been busy taking classes and workshops and haven't got around to update my blog. Even missed my own group show opening yesterday!--because I was in a Robert Liberace figure drawing workshop for three days on the weekend.

Here are what I got:

First day


Second day


Third day


The workshop focuses on figure in action. Actually that's Robert Liberace's specialty--to depict figures in movement. He's a truly great artist and very good teacher too. I have learned a lot in the past three days. He taught me to observe more closely what's really happening on the human body so my drawings can become more refined and sophisticated and go on to the next level.

He's having a one-person show in Arcadia Gallery in Soho, New York for two weeks until this weekend. I'm going to see it. Here is an example of his work.



Robert Liberace teaching


I think I'm going to take his figure painting class too. He teaches figure painting on Fridays in the Art League School in Alexandria, VA.

PS: The models he uses are amazing. Especially one older guy--you can see everything, I mean everything, on his body. I've never seen models with such clear muscle definition. You can even see every vein. He said he lifted weights for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment